Memorial Day kicks off the start of summer! I know I’m ready for a summer vacation🌴☀️ Bring on the warm sand and tan-in-a-can!
Here are some of my favorite products for summer vacation:
Revlon’s Mega Multiplier Mascara Review
I give this mascara a thumbs up! It had mixed reviews by various beauty bloggers. It’s one of the few drug store tubing mascaras. It’s not quite as luxurious as my Trish McEvoy Curling Mascara, but it definitely holds its own
- 360° Tubing Technology + Fibers is a perfect formulation for length + volume
- This Mascara is totally flake-free and super long wearing
- No makeup remover needed
- The fluffy tapered brush makes coating each lash root-to-tip effortless
- The price is VERY affordable
- The formula is a little drying. It felt more comfortable when I prepped my lashes with a lash primer first
- The brush isn’t as tapered as I wish it was to get the lashes in the inner corners
- It was so long wearing that it was a little difficult to remove
I would definitely repurchase this Mascara because it’s so easy to get my hands on (Walmart) and the price point makes it totally worth it!
Share with your mascara maniac friends
I heard a lot of reviews about microneedling. So, I decided to try it out and see what the hype was about
What is microneedling, anyway?
Microneedling is an anti-aging skincare service. A needle “roller” creates tiny skin injuries to increase collagen production and improves skin’s texture and tone. It can be used in conjunction with lightening serums, Vitamin C serums, or Hyluronic Acid Serum
Does it hurt?
You bet it does. In my experience, I compare it to what sticking your face in a beehive might feel like. Maybe other people have a higher threshold for pain than I. No pain, no gain
What are the benefits?
I have seen a noticeable improvement in my skin’s over all texture, tone and clarity
What’s the Down Time compared to Chemical Peels?
I experienced mild discomfort for about an hour or two afterwards. The redness persisted for about 48hrs. I did peel slightly because I applied a skin lightener before microneedling, but nothing in comparison to chemical peels
I think microneedling is a home run for me! Its pros far exceed cons. My skin looks and feels like a baby’s bottom. I wanted to try it before recommending it to clients. So, I say give it a whirl!
Join me in proudly celebrating International Women’s Day!!! It’s a happy day that we can all be proud of the unique women that God created us to be.
I see so much beauty in my daily life. I am surrounded by strong women. My family, coworkers, friends and community. Everyone is so different, which is part of what inspires me and keeps me artistically creative.
I rejoice that I live in a time and place that I’m able to do what I love with the people I love. What a gift!
I wear less makeup now than I have in past years, despite the fact that I work in the beauty industry. I express myself with short and sassy hair, complete with micro miniature bangs. I like to wear bright cheerful lip colors. It’s an expression of the joy in my heart. Spread love and be loved!
- Skin: Glö Skin Beauty Conditioning Hydration Creme, Dior Capture Totale 020, Double Wear Warm Light Medium Concealer, Milani Powder Blush Romantic Rose, Bobbi Brown Platinum Pink Shimmer Brick
- Eyes: MAC Cosmetics Malt Eyeshadow , Estée Lauder Raisin Pure Color Shadow Duo, Colourpop Cherries Jubilee Super Shock Shadow, MAC Cosmetics Carbon Black Eyeshadow (Eyeliner), MAC Cosmetics Haute and Naughty Too Black Mascara, Maybelline Tattoo Studio Brow Gel Medium Brown
- Lips: L’Occitane En Provence Delightful Rose Lipbalm, Maybelline Fuschia Fever Lipstick
I am SUPER pumped about Mardi Gras 2018!!! This year, I’m busier than ever. I wanted to introduce my gorgeous ladies and a few favorite products that I use on them. Let the good times roll!!!!
Queen Lucy is quintessential royalty! Her crown is really BIG. It was important that we style her hair in a very low chignon to hold it in place. The Classic Chignon is very smooth. So, prepping her hair was the most important step. I used a liberal amount of Aveda Dry Thermal Conditioner to make her hair sleek and smooth and Air Control Hairspray to hold it in place.
Kaitlin is such a fun young lady! Her gorgeous natural red curly hair takes my breath away. We used Aveda’s Brilliant Retexturzing Gel and Universal Styling Creme to give her long locks hold and shine. She loves to enhance her eyebrows. We use a retractable pencil by Jordana Cosmetics to enhance her brows
Caroline is a very talented artist. She’s a talented artist and very creative. I love how her silky blonde hair frames her eyes! We used Aveda’s Hair Potion to add volume for her classic half twist upstyle. I like to play up her eyes using cool pinky tones from the Modern Renaissance Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette
Kendall is my bombshell brunette! She loves to enhance her beautiful brown eyes with black winged gel eye liner by MAC in the color Blacktrack. Kendall has natural soft curls. I used Aveda’s Texture Tonic to give her hair an undone modern feel
Millie has Crystal Blue eyes! I used a metallic bronze cream shadow from Bobbi Brown to bring out the blue in her eyes
Is everyone awake from their Thanksgiving Food Coma?
I’m so pumped to go get our Christmas Tree + Black Friday shopping!
I pulled out my Tacky Elf Selfie Sweater from way back in the closet. I had to wear some festive makeup too. I decided to wear a crimson red matte lipstick with a pinky metallic eye look
- Skin – Glö Minerals Moisture Tint, WetnWild Color Corrector, Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer, Glö Minerals Matte Setting Powder
- Cheeks – Chanel Soleil Tan, Glö Minerals Sweet Blush, Colour Pop Trickles Highlighter (My Little Pony)
- Eyes – Colour Pop Cosmetics My Little Pony Palette, L’Oréal Double Extend Mascara
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Gel Chocolate
- Lips – Glö Minerals Crimson, MAC Cherry