Join me in proudly celebrating International Women’s Day!!! It’s a happy day that we can all be proud of the unique women that God created us to be.
I see so much beauty in my daily life. I am surrounded by strong women. My family, coworkers, friends and community. Everyone is so different, which is part of what inspires me and keeps me artistically creative.
I rejoice that I live in a time and place that I’m able to do what I love with the people I love. What a gift!
I wear less makeup now than I have in past years, despite the fact that I work in the beauty industry. I express myself with short and sassy hair, complete with micro miniature bangs. I like to wear bright cheerful lip colors. It’s an expression of the joy in my heart. Spread love and be loved!
- Skin: Glö Skin Beauty Conditioning Hydration Creme, Dior Capture Totale 020, Double Wear Warm Light Medium Concealer, Milani Powder Blush Romantic Rose, Bobbi Brown Platinum Pink Shimmer Brick
- Eyes: MAC Cosmetics Malt Eyeshadow , Estée Lauder Raisin Pure Color Shadow Duo, Colourpop Cherries Jubilee Super Shock Shadow, MAC Cosmetics Carbon Black Eyeshadow (Eyeliner), MAC Cosmetics Haute and Naughty Too Black Mascara, Maybelline Tattoo Studio Brow Gel Medium Brown
- Lips: L’Occitane En Provence Delightful Rose Lipbalm, Maybelline Fuschia Fever Lipstick
I am SUPER pumped about Mardi Gras 2018!!! This year, I’m busier than ever. I wanted to introduce my gorgeous ladies and a few favorite products that I use on them. Let the good times roll!!!!
Queen Lucy is quintessential royalty! Her crown is really BIG. It was important that we style her hair in a very low chignon to hold it in place. The Classic Chignon is very smooth. So, prepping her hair was the most important step. I used a liberal amount of Aveda Dry Thermal Conditioner to make her hair sleek and smooth and Air Control Hairspray to hold it in place.
Kaitlin is such a fun young lady! Her gorgeous natural red curly hair takes my breath away. We used Aveda’s Brilliant Retexturzing Gel and Universal Styling Creme to give her long locks hold and shine. She loves to enhance her eyebrows. We use a retractable pencil by Jordana Cosmetics to enhance her brows
Caroline is a very talented artist. She’s a talented artist and very creative. I love how her silky blonde hair frames her eyes! We used Aveda’s Hair Potion to add volume for her classic half twist upstyle. I like to play up her eyes using cool pinky tones from the Modern Renaissance Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette
Kendall is my bombshell brunette! She loves to enhance her beautiful brown eyes with black winged gel eye liner by MAC in the color Blacktrack. Kendall has natural soft curls. I used Aveda’s Texture Tonic to give her hair an undone modern feel
Millie has Crystal Blue eyes! I used a metallic bronze cream shadow from Bobbi Brown to bring out the blue in her eyes
Is everyone awake from their Thanksgiving Food Coma?
I’m so pumped to go get our Christmas Tree + Black Friday shopping!
I pulled out my Tacky Elf Selfie Sweater from way back in the closet. I had to wear some festive makeup too. I decided to wear a crimson red matte lipstick with a pinky metallic eye look
- Skin – Glö Minerals Moisture Tint, WetnWild Color Corrector, Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer, Glö Minerals Matte Setting Powder
- Cheeks – Chanel Soleil Tan, Glö Minerals Sweet Blush, Colour Pop Trickles Highlighter (My Little Pony)
- Eyes – Colour Pop Cosmetics My Little Pony Palette, L’Oréal Double Extend Mascara
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Gel Chocolate
- Lips – Glö Minerals Crimson, MAC Cherry
Check out my Taserface Makeup from Guardians of the Galaxy🎃
I love Game of Thrones! It’s the hottest show on TV right now. This is how I turned myself into White Walker. Enjoy the video and Happy Halloween!
Halloween is around the corner🎃
Watch this tutorial to see how to do this classic Halloween makeup
Stay tuned for more Halloween makeup ideas!
I’m always on the lookout for great cleansers and exfoliants. I think the Real Techniques Miracle Cleansing Sponge really nailed it
I picked one up on my latest trip to Target for $5.89. Boy, I’m glad that I did!
I don’t wear a ton of makeup every day, but I am quite oily and my skin tends to be acne prone.
That being said, I enjoyed this product for several reasons
- Helps my cleanser to suds up
- It’s less messy that using fingers
- It’s soft, but effective
- I can use it to remove my eye makeup
- It doesn’t damage my lashes
- It gets my skin squeaky clean
- It cleans all of the hard-to-reach areas
I dampened the sponge and applied about a nickel size amount of my gel cleanser.
First, I noticed that water didn’t splash everywhere because I didn’t have to use as much water or cleanser
I used the flat side in a windshield wiper motion under my eyes. I wear a decent amount of under eye concealer and mascara. So, it’s usually challenging and time-consuming trying to remove it all. With a couple of swipes, it removed every last bit of eye makeup.
Like most people, my skin is oily in the T-Zone and my pores are easily clogged. I used the pointy end of the sponge to cleanse around my nose, which provided gentle exfoliation.
The sides of sponge worked especially good around my jaw line and ears, where I tend to break out the worst.
I have the Clarisonic and the Clarisonic Pro. This little $6 sponge does as good of a job, if not better than the Clarisonic that would set you back HUNDREDS of dollars.
I give the Real Techniques Miracle Cleansing Sponge a VERY high rating! Kudos to the Pixiwoos.
- If you have an active breakout (whitehead) it may be too abrasive
- No way to truly sanitize
- It can spread bacteria when the skin is broken or infected